Welcome and thank you for stopping by.

This is a place where I share my love for hair and all the things I have learned in hopes that you too will fall in love with your Divine Tresses.

I hope you enjoy!

Please feel free to leave suggestions, recommendations, questions and comments.

B

PS You can now email me for free consultations here:

DivineTresses@aol.com

*I am currently in Iraq and it may take up to 72 hours for me to respond to your emails. Don't worry, I will answer. :-)

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My General Recommendations

Keep your scalp clean, wash your hair often. Not always with shampoo though, conditioner is a good route to go. (It’s a Myth that we can’t wash our hair everyday, relaxed or not.) I wash with conditioner nightly, every other night if I’m tired and only use shampoo 1-2 times a week.

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Our hair needs a lot of moisture in general but out here it needs more. You can use oils but use them after applying a water based moisturizer. Oils do not moisturize, they seal the hair cuticle so if you apply to dry/non-moisturized hair you will experience breakage. (I recommend care free curl instant moisturizer and care free curl gold hair & scalp spray My hair can attest to this) I moisturize 2x daily, once in the AM and once in the evening after I wash.

Try not to over manipulate your hair and wash it going straight down behind you in the shower so you don’t experience too much tangling which leads to ripping your hair out and breakage. Use your fingertips to massage the poo/co and cleanse the scalp, the hair will get clean when the poo/co is flowing thru it during the rinse phase.








Your hair should basically look like this when you're done washing it.






Deep condition your hair often, weekly if possible.

Take vitamins, if you don’t take hair vitamins at least take a daily multivitamin.

Eat well and drink water, it does help your hair growth.


If you have any questions or want to know about a product let me know, I might have tried it or know someone that has tried it.

No comments: